Merquen (also known as merken) is a Chilean ground mixture of dried and smoked aji cacho de cabra (goat's horn red pepper) seasoned with cumin, coriander seeds and salt. Produced by the indigenous Mapuche families of Chile, it is now one of the most favored Latin spices in the gourmet culinary world. This paprika-like blend adds a warm depth, intense smoky flavor, and a fragrant aroma to everything from soups and dips to meat rubs and vegetables. This exotic and versatile seasoning has been embraced by many national and international chefs for use in new and exciting cuisines. Merquen has been highlighted in Fine Cooking, Men's Health and The L.A. Times.
This unique spice is produced by Etnia, a Chilean Company that specializes in development of gourmet products with the native citizens of Chile.
- Traditional spice of the indigenous Mapuche.
- Ingredients are smoked goat horn chili, coriander, cumin and salt.
- Made in Chile under tight quality control.
- Available in food service and home gourmet sizes.
- Versatile seasoning for any meats, seafood, cheese, soups, etc.