4Tbsp. Chipotle Infused Olive Oil
¼ cup Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar
1/3 Cup Apricot Jam
1 Tbsp. Red Pepper Flakes
10-12 thick slices of Applewood Smoked Bacon
Cubed Pineapple (enough to cover ends of toothpicks)
1. Whisk together 2Tbsp. Chipotle infused olive oil, Apricot jam, and red pepper flakes.
2. Over medium to medium-high heat, reduce the Pineapple White balsamic by about 50%. Note: A ¼ cup will reduce in about 3-5 minutes over heat. Remove reduction from heat just prior to desired thickness. Pour into a glass bowl and place on-top of a bowl of ice. Stir continuously until the reduction cools. Once cooled, combine Pineapple reduction with sauce made above.
3. Wrap a slice of bacon around scallop and hold in place with toothpick. Note: It is good to soak toothpicks in water prior to grilling. Place a pineapple cube on each end of the toothpick.
4. Rub bacon/pineapple wrapped scallops with remaining 2Tbsp. of Chipotle olive oil and let sit for 20-30 minutes.
5. Grill or broil scallops. Brush with pineapple reduction glaze and serve immediately with dipping glaze.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the freshest news!